Monday, January 11, 2010

Mississippi Madness

Oh.....What an AMAZING weekend!
We left on Thursday for Mississippi with 7 degree temperatures! Once we got down there the weather wasn't much better! We arrived at about 6. There's no place like Church Hill Mississippi! I absolutely LOVE my Grandparents house! The smell, the sounds, the feel of the house is and always will be unforgettable!

Friday
it was SO cold we couldn't go out and do anything because it was so cold. So we stayed in and watched 4 Elvis Movies! They were: Blue Hawaii, Girl Happy, Speedway, and Spinout. It was so fun just watching movies with them! I just love my grandparents! Jonathan went hunting and saw 4 doe, but didn't shoot them! That night we left for Rhythm and Blues- I think that was the name-! It was so fun seeing friends that are so dear to us! I had sauteed shrimp and Jonathan had Ribyee! Yum! I just love being in the south! (I don't think I would move back though)

Saturday
Woke up bright and early to NO ELECTRICITY and NO WATER! Also, woke up to the sound of Jonathan and Aaron outside chopping wood in 4 degree weather!! Since we didn't have electricity or water we went to the grooms parents house to take showers and get ready! Thank you Wadsworth Family and the Glenrose Plantation! Hot showers and lights! After showers and makeup we loaded up to go to the wedding. It was at the Washington Methodist Church. The church was but in the mid 1800's and was absolutely beautiful! It was a short wedding then on to the reception! It was a great reception. Seeing my mom and Carolyn dance was priceless! Pictures to come soon!

It was a short weekend and a wonderful ride home!


When we go home on Sunday, after stopping at Costco's, Jonathan and I went for our LONG run! Oh My! I think I experienced a "runner's high". I did 4 miles! It was great! I did so much better than I thought I would do! It was neat just going and doing better each day! I don't say this often, but I am very proud of myself! I can't believe Jonathan and I will be running 13.1 miles in April! Yikes!

Great weekend. Great Family. Great Friends. Mississippi Madness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment